Pepperoni Spaghetti Bake
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (26 oz) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- 1 lb spaghetti, broken into small pieces
- ¾ Cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (5 oz) pkg sliced pepperoni
- 1½ Cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Freezer Wrap
- Place a large pot of water over high heat.
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Boil spaghetti as directed on the package.
- Drain and rinse.
- Place ground chuck in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook until meat is browned being sure to crumble the meat.
- Add the pasta sauce, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Stir until well combined.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place the eggs and milk in a large bowl and blend.
- Place the spaghetti in the egg mixture and toss to cover.
- Lightly spray a large baking dish with a non stick cooking spray.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Place half of the meat sauce over the top of the spaghetti.
- Repeat for another layer.
- Put the casserole in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once cooled, wrap with the freezer wrap.
- Freeze for up to 2 months.
- To reheat thaw the casserole overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover and top the casserole with the pepperoni and 2 cheeses.
- Continue to bake another 15 minutes or until cheese has completely melted.
Pepperoni Spaghetti Bake was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by