Fish And Cole Slaw Tacos
Recipe type: Main
- 2 lbs fresh firm white fish (tilapia, cod, haddock, etc)
- 2 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp real orange juice
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 bag (14 oz) cole slaw mix
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 whole wheat, sun-dried tomato, spinach, or corn tortillas (warmed or fried if you like)
- Cut the fish up into 8 equal pieces and put in a large glass bowl.
- Toss fish with soy sauce to coat well.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigeratorate for 1 hour.
- Prepare cole slaw for taco topping: put olive oil, lime juice, orange juice, and rice wine vinegar in a large bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Add the cole slaw mix to the bowl and stir to coat the cabbage well with the dressing.
- Taste and add salt and black pepper as needed. Set aside.
- Remove the fish from the refrigerator and take out of bowl, allowing any excess moisture to drip off.
- Drizzle cooking oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, add the fish, browning on one side before flipping and browning on the other side. Make sure the fish is cooked all the way through before removing from the skillet.
- Lay the tortillas out on a work surface and set a piece of fish on each tortilla, then spoon some of the cole slaw mixture over the top.
- Add your favorite taco toppings.
Fish And Cole Slaw Tacos was last modified: May 27th, 2014 by