Recipe type: Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon onion - chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley - chopped
- 1½ cups soft shell crabmeat - chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken or seafood broth
- 2 cups cream -- light
- 1 pinches cayenne pepper
- salt to your taste
- Melt the butter in sauce pan.
- Add the onion and cook until golden.
- Add the crabmeat and parsley and cook over low heat stirring constantly for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, stir to blend and cook for 3 minutes more
- Stir in the chicken broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cream and cayenne pepper
- Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Server warm.
Crab Bisque was last modified: April 29th, 2014 by