Cajun Potato Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- ½ cup red onion -- chopped
- ½ cup green onion -- sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley -- minced
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar -- divided
- ½ pound precooked smoked sausage or kielbasa
- 6 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 centiliters garlic -- minced
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook Potatoes for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain Potatoes.
- Rinse Potatoes with cold water; cool completely
- Cut into small pieces; place in a large bowl
- Add onions, parsley and 3 Tablespoons vinegar; toss
- Cook sausage in olive oil for 5-10 minutes or until it begins to brown
- Add Sausage to potato mixture.
- To drippings in skillet, add mustard, garlic, pepper, cayenne pepper and remaining vinegar; bring to a boil, stirring with whisk constantly.
- Pour over salad; toss gently.
- Serve Warm.
Cajun Potato Salad was last modified: April 15th, 2014 by