Spiced Pork Baked In Corn Husk Blankets
Recipe type: Meat
- 1 Tbsp chile powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1.5 to 2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 6 pieces
- 6 clean dried corn husks, soaked for 1 hour in warm water, then patted to remove excess water, but not dry
- butchers twine
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Lay the prepared corn husks out onto a work surface.
- In pie pan, mix together the chile powder, cumin, coriander, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Press each piece of pork tenderloin into the spice mixture and gently set in a corn husk.
- Wrap the corn husk around the pork and tie securely with a couple pieces of butchers twine. Place each bundle onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 145°F.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove from husks and twine and serve.
Spiced Pork Baked In Corn Husk Blankets was last modified: May 29th, 2014 by