Refreshing Red Bell Pepper Soup
Recipe type: Soup
- 4 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs - oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, or any blend you like
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a stock pot over medium heat, add the bell peppers, onion, tomato juice, and vegetable broth; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until bell peppers and onion are tender.
- Pour into a bowl, add the herbs, stir, taste and add salt and pepper if needed, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Stir again before serving, taste and adjust seasoning.
Red Bell Pepper Soup was last modified: July 7th, 2014 by