Quinoa Chili Casserole
Recipe type: Main
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2½ cups water
- 1 - 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease 13x9 baking pan.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, combine olive oil, onions, red bell pepper and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients EXCEPT cheese.
- Bring mixture to a boil, turn down to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place mixture in the 13x9 pan and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes (cheese should be bubbly and melted)
- Remove and let stand for approximately 10 minutes to let it all set together.
Quinoa Chili Casserole was last modified: May 15th, 2014 by