Mexican Cornbread Wedges
Recipe type: Bread
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup diced yellow, orange, or red bell pepper
- 2 cups Mexican style cornbread mix
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 -16 oz jar chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1¼ cups milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In oven ready skilled, add oil, onions beef, salt and pepper over medium heat, until completely cooked.
- Add garlic powder, taco seasoning mix, and ¾ cup water, and stir to combine.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Evenly spread the diced pepper into the skillet and spoon the beef mixture on top, spreading evenly.
- In bowl combine final 6 ingredients until a semi-smooth batter forms. Pour this batter evenly over the beef in skillet.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the cornbread is cooked thoroughly and is golden brown around the edges.
Mexican Cornbread Wedges was last modified: July 25th, 2014 by