Fast and Simple Soup
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 medium size carrots
- 3 medium size parsnips
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ tsp marjoram or ¼ tsp thyme
- Peel and dice the carrots and parsnips, then put in a big soup pot with the vegetable broth; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Place mixture in blender and puree until smooth, using only enough broth to your liking.
- Return the puree to a soup pot, stir in the lemon juice and herbs.
- Heat over low heat and bring back up to temperature and serve hot.
Fast and Simple Soup was last modified: July 22nd, 2014 by