Recipe type: Soup
- 1 lb frozen meatballs, thawed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes w/ green chilies
- 6 cups fresh kale, - chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- In large stock pot, add in defrosted meatballs and olive oil.
- Over medium-high heat cook meatballs until browned.
- Add in chicken stock and tomatoes, and scrap the bottom of the pot to remove the brown bits.
- Add the kale, stir, and bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover pot, and slowly simmer for 20 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.