Peppermint Angel Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 (15 oz) Pkg Angel Food Cake Mix
- ⅓ Cup chocolate mint cookies, crushed
- ¾ Cup chopped pecans
- 3 pints Peppermint ice cream, slightly soft
- Aluminum foil
- Freezer wrap
- Mix the cake batter together as directed on the package.
- Pour the batter into an un-greased 10 in tube pan.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake cake on the lowest oven shelf for 35 minutes.
- Top should spring back when touched when cake is done.
- Invert pan right away.
- Allow cake to cool for about 1 hour.
- Remove cake and cut lengthwise into three sections.
- Place the ice cream into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cookies and pecans.
- Mix together well.
- Place the ice cream mixture back in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Place one section of the cake on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to cover the entire cake when completed.
- Remove ice cream and spread ⅓ of the mixture over the top of the cake.
- Add another section of cake.
- Spread another ⅓ of the ice cream mixture.
- Place the last section of cake on top.
- Finish with the rest of the ice cream.
- Cover tightly with the aluminum foil.
- Place in freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and wrap in the freezer wrap if not serving immediately.
- Cake can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- To serve, remove from freezer.
- Unwrap and allow to set for about 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Peppermint Angel Cake was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by