Always good to make things in advance and have dinner ready in the freezer so you can just thaw it out and pop it in the oven. I always omit the Worcestershire Sauce, because I am allergic to fish and it has anchovies in it.
Crispy Chicken from the Freezer
Recipe type: Entree
- 2½ lbs fryer chicken, cut up
- ¾ C sour cream
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t celery salt
- 1 t salt
- ⅛ t pepper
- ½ t paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 C dry bread crumbs
- Aluminum foil
- Combine sour cream and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce until completely blended.
- Add the celery salt, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic and mix well.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl or on a plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large baking pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- Dip chicken pieces into the sour cream mixture.
- Roll in the bread crumbs.
- Place in a single layer in the baking pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until chicken is tender and brown.
- Let chicken cool before removing from pan.
- Once the chicken has cooled wrap each piece in aluminum foil.
- Freeze for up to 2 months.
- Reheat by preheating oven to 450 degrees.
- Place each piece of chicken still in the aluminum foil on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Unwrap from aluminum foil and place back in the oven.
- Continue baking 10 minutes or until crisp.
Crispy Chicken from the Freezer was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by