Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- Cook sugar, milk, salt and corn syrup in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add salt and light corn syrup.
- Cook, stirring constantly, to 233F on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter.
- Cool mixture to 120F without stirring
- Add cardamom.
- Beat vigorously and continuously until candy is thick and no longer glossy, 5 to 10 minutes
- Quickly stir in nuts
- Spread mixture in buttered 9x5x3-inch loaf pan
- Let stand until firm
- Cut into 1-inch squares
Cardamom Fudge was last modified: April 10th, 2014 by