Bacon Bean And Rice Pot
Recipe type: Main
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups cooked (or canned) pinto or kidney beans
- In skillet over medium heat, add bacon pieces and cook until browned and crispy.
- Drain excess fat off on paper towels and set aside
- Add in bacon grease the onion, stir and cook until softened slightly, then add garlic and cook 30 seconds longer, stirring constantly.
- Add beef broth and water to skillet, stir, then add the rice and thyme.
- Cover skillet, turn heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes depending on rice.
- Add the beans, stirring to combine, and heat until mixture is hot; remove from heat, cover skillet again and let stand for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add bacon pieces.
- Server and Enjoy !
Bacon Bean and Rice Pot was last modified: June 4th, 2014 by